Have you ever heard about cloud-based software in Structural Engineering? Nowadays, the internet plays a vital role in our daily lives as we are living in a digital age. The information that we need whether for work or personal can be quickly gathered and transferred to and by us because of the advancement of technology. These technological advancements can be quickly adopted and used also in Engineering.
As we all aware, .
In Structural Engineering, these “Cloud-Based Soft wares” is becoming a trend. Perhaps the good thing about this platform is that it is completely online, it does not require software installation and it is always on the go. An integrated cloud-based platform keeps stakeholders connected and data up to date. It also means you can access your designs from any device in any location as long as there is an internet connection of course!
Here are the best “Cloud-Based” Structural Engineering soft wares that you should be aware of:
- Analysis of beams, plates, cables
- Reactions, Bending, Shear, Axial, Deflection, Torsion, and Stress Forces
- Buckling, Linear, Non-Linear (P-Delta), Frequency and Response Spectrum plus more.
- Powerful plate analysis and auto-meshing capabilities
- Fully Integrated Section Builder (with custom and database shapes)
- Easy modeling with the pen tool, gridlines, and datasheet entry
- Full 3D Renderer with Colored Contouring
- Live Chat for instant support
- PDF Analysis and Full Calculation Design Reporting
- Steel member design: AISC 360, AISI, EN 3, AS 4100, AS4600, CSA S16, BS5950
- RC Member Design: ACI 318, AS 3600, EN2, CSA, BS
- Connection Design: AISC 360, Eurocode
- Timber Design: NDS and AS1720
- Integrated wind load generator for ASCE 7-10, AS 1170, NBCC, and EN 1991
- Import Load Combinations for US, UK, Aus, Canada, Europe plus more…
- All design checks come with detailed PDF reporting, with step-by-step calculations
Please visit their website to know more!
As a Structural Engineers, a structural simulation is very important in our structural design, especially when dealing with wind, seismic, thermal analysis, and the like. Simscale helps you see the behavior of the structure you are designing under certain loadings as it mimics the effect of the static or dynamic loadings upon applying it into our structural model.
A lot of its features and its capabilities can be found on its website. Check out for more!
- Model graphically or via text input, using mouse, toolbars, hotkeys, or touch commands
- Database of 12,000 standard steel shapes provided
- Interface with Excel, CIS/2, and SDNF
- Unlimited Undo/Redo — so you can’t make a mistake!
- Static analysis of ASCE/7 load types, including non-linear effects
- Calculation and animation of dynamic modes of vibration; plus, response spectrum seismic analysis
- Compliance checks against AISC ASD and LRFD Codes
- Automatic generation of formatted output reports
Try CloudCalcs and discover more of its features on their website.
6. Hilti Profis Engineering Standard Suite
The good thing about Hilti’s Profis Engineering Standard Suite is that since it’s a cloud-based platform, it enables you to use it for free using a web browser, just register, and sign-up for your account. Since it is cloud-enabled access, the file can be shared via desktop, tablet, or smartphone, it can only use by logging in to your account, not unless you upgrade it into a premium version.
Visit their website to know more!
Any cloud-based structural engineering software that we missed? We love to hear your thoughts! Leave a message in a comment form below. You can also follow, like, and subscribe to our social media pages below to be updated with the latest posts.
2,279 total views, 2 views today